Welcome to L.A. Mission College and the Athletic Counseling Office. As the Athletic Counselor, I am passionate about helping student-athletes reach their potential through academic, career, and personal planning. Whether I am working with a recent high school graduate or working with a college transfer student, I am here to assist with your transition as a student-athlete.
Balancing academic and collegiate responsibilities can be difficult and LAMC has several programs and services to assist student-athletes to strive academically and athletically. I meet with students through one-on-one appointments and during designated drop-in counseling times, to create comprehensive student education plans (SEP’s). The Athletic Counseling Office tracks student-athlete progress throughout the semester to ensure students are staying on target to meet their goals.
- Student Educational Planning: Mapping out appropriate classes for an Associates degree and/or transferring through 30-minute appointments. All SEP’s are created specifically for each individual athlete and their educational and athletic goals.
- Team Orientations: At the start of each season, NCAA and 3C2A eligibility requirements will be reviewed, along with outlining responsibilities as a LAMC student-athlete.
- New Student Workshops: Designed to assist new student-athletes to LAMC in the transition process, covering topics such as programs and services, outlining appropriate classes for a variety of majors, transfer prep, and creating a one-semester Student Education Plan. (Tentative Spring 2016)
- Registration Workshops: Assist new and continuing student-athletes with registering for their classes. (Tentative Spring 2016)
- Transfer Workshops: Assisting with the transfer application process for CSU’s, UC’s, private, and out-of-state. (Partner with Transfer Center for personal statement writing workshops, TAG information sessions, 4-yr school rep. visits. Possibly have them come to HFAC)